How do you rehome a fish?
Rehoming Your Fish
- Give or sell them to fellow hobbiests.
- Speaking of Craigslist, this is the option I have had the most luck with.
- Post in the MyAquariumClub classifieds.
- Aquabid and eBay.
- Another option is to check with a local fish store and see if they will take them.
- Check with any local fish clubs.
Where can I rehome fish?
There are a few ways to surrender, donate, give away, or rehome an unwanted pet fish. Petco, Pet World Warehouse Outlet, and Pet Supermarket all accept fish surrenders. Doctors’ offices and schools may take a pet donation, or you can post the fish on Craigslist or Facebook.
What can I do with unwanted fish?
So What Are Your Options?
- Reach out to a local fish or pet shop. See if they will take your unwanted fish.
- Ask other fish owners. Advertise if you have to.
- Look for a local fish club. Check to see if there is a fish club in your region.
- Donate to a school, nursing home, or office.
Do the Rspca take fish?
In all jurisdictions, Animal Welfare or Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Acts cover vertebrate animals, but only some include fish, despite all fish being vertebrates. Fish are included as vertebrate species in the ACT, New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania and Victoria.