Meclizine can help with appetite in some dogs.
Meclizine is an antihistamine that is known to reduce nausea due to vertigo.
If your dog is not eating due to nausea, there are several other medications available, such as maropitant, a common drug available through your local veterinarian.
What should I feed my dog with no appetite?
Suggested clip 109 seconds
How to Get A Dog With No Appetite to Eat (A Simple Solution
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
What should I do if my dog is not eating?
If your vet has advised you to tempt your dog to eat, here are some tips:
- warm the food up.
- offer strong smelling foods.
- try different brands of pet food.
- try hand feeding.
- check your dog’s nose is clean (the smell of food may help stimulate their appetite)
Why does my dog suddenly not want to eat?
Common Causes of Loss of Appetite in Dogs
If a dog refuses to eat, it’s usually either a behavioral issue or a health-related problem. In the former case, there’s some good news: dogs whose appetite loss is related to behavior are still usually willing to eat some foods—especially new diets or treats.
What to give a sick dog who won t eat?
Methods for Feeding a Sick Dog
- Wait. If your dog won’t eat, the first step is to just give him or her time.
- Change Dry Food Brands. If you have a hard time getting your dog to eat dry food, another brand may be better.
- Give Your Dog a Treat.
- Use a Syringe.
- Appetite Stimulant.
- Visit the Vet.
- Chicken Broth.