What do you do when your dog won’t eat?
Try one of the following:
- Give highly palatable and nutritious food.
- Make sure the food smells right.
- If you’re feeding your dog kibble, add some warm water, bone broth, or wet food.
- Offer home-cooked food.
- Cut down on treats and avoid feeding off the table.
- Praise the dog for eating their food.
When should I worry about my dog not eating?
If your dog isn’t eating, consult a vet within 8-12 hours if there is any accompanying vomiting or diarrhea. Absent these symptoms, there’s a few likely reasons your dog isn’t eating, including emotional issues.
How long can a dog go without eating?
What do I do if my dog wont eat or drink?
If he is not eating or drinking, you need to call your vet immediately. Dogs should not go a single day without drinking water. Medication can be another potential reason your dog is eating less. While medicines and vaccinations help keep your dog healthy, sometimes an animal experiences side effects.