Breeding popular, long established fish is probably the best way for most people to make some extra money on the side from this hobby.
There will always be demand for fish like guppies, platies, bristlenose plecos, and other easy to breed fish.
What is the best animal to breed for profit?
Larger animals usually bring in a higher profit. If you have the land, then horses, cattle: beef and dairy, goats, sheep, pigs, and chickens are the most profitable animals. However, for the backyard farmer, smaller animals are better choices. This can include pigs, rabbits, worms, and even reptiles.
How do fish breed for profit?
Suggested clip 113 seconds
Make Money With Fish? 10 Things You Should Know About
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
What is the easiest fish to breed?
The Easiest Freshwater Fish to Breed in an Aquarium
- Platies. Another livebearer, platies are nearly as easy as guppies to breed.
- Ameca Splendens. While these fish were once popular in the hobby, they have fallen out of favor in recent years and tend to be difficult to find.
- Convict Cichlids.
- Firemouth Cichlids.
- Kribensis Cichlids.
- Zebra Danios.
What is the breeding season for fish?
The breeding season of this fish extends from June to July. Studies on the GSI and histology of the ovary in Schizothorax plagiostomus show that this fish spawns twice in a year (Shrestha and Khanna, 1979), in this species the first spawning occurs from mid-September to October.
What farm animal brings in the most money?
The Most Profitable Livestock to Raise
- Horses: One to two acres per horse.
- Beef cattle: One to two acres per animal.
- Dairy cattle: One to two acres per cow.
- Goat: Half an acre per animal.
- Sheep: Half an acre per animal.
- Pigs: 12 to 14 sows per acre.
- Chickens: Minimal space.
Do dog breeders make money?
How much a dog breeding business can make depends on the quality of its dogs and how many litters it breeds in a year. A high-end breeder may have just four litters a year, but sell their dogs for $2,500 each. If each litter had six dogs, the business would have an annual revenue of $60,000.