What can I do if I can’t afford a vet?
When You Can’t Afford Veterinary Care
- Choose pet insurance.
- Get a Credit Line.
- Ask for payment options.
- Consider crowdfunding.
- Host a group yard sale.
- Use free or low cost clinics.
- Ask friends or family.
- Start a pet savings account.
Can you get free vet care if your on benefits?
To qualify for free or subsidised treatment, pet owners must be in receipt of certain benefits, such as housing benefit or council tax support, and live within the catchment area of a PDSA hospital or clinic. You will need to bring your registration certificate with you to the clinic.
How do you pay for emergency pet care?
- Personal Loans for Emergency Pet Expenses. A personal loan can be used for just about anything, including as a pet care loan.
- Credit Cards for Emergency Pet Expenses.
- Contact an Animal Welfare Organization.
- Contact a Veterinarian School.
- Buy Pet Insurance in Advance If Possible.
- Bottom Line.
Does the Humane Society help with vet bills?
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) does not provide direct financial assistance to pet owners for veterinary or other expenses, but they do have a page on their website where they offer additional suggestions for what you can do if you are having trouble affording veterinary care.