- Where can I take my fish if I don’t want them?
- Does PetSmart take fish donations?
- Will pets at home take fish back?
- Is it inhumane to flush a fish?
- How do you humanely kill a pet fish?
- What do you do with baby fish you don’t want?
- Will Petco take unwanted pets?
- Can I release my fish into a lake?
- Can you return a fish?
- How much is a goldfish?
- Can you return a pet?
Petco will take fish, but you get nothing in return.
If you have a “mom and pop” petstore, they will often give you a small amount of store credit.
You may also want to check with some independent aquarium shops if any are left in your area.
Where can I take my fish if I don’t want them?
All of the following options are preferable to dumping or flushing:
- Reach out to a local fish or pet shop. See if they will take your unwanted fish.
- Ask other fish owners. Advertise if you have to.
- Look for a local fish club.
- Donate to a school, nursing home, or office.
Does PetSmart take fish donations?
most Local Fish Stores (LFS) will accept them for credit. Or they will also take donations. but Petsmart won’t take them.
Will pets at home take fish back?
Member. They will take them back, but you won’t get a refund unless you have the receipt.
Is it inhumane to flush a fish?
There are many methods of fish euthanasia that are not considered to be humane and must not be used. These include flushing fish down the toilet; immersion in ice or placing in the freezer, boiling, decapitation without stunning or pithing or suffocation by leaving fish out of water.
How do you humanely kill a pet fish?
Suggested clip 112 seconds
How to Humanely Euthanize a Betta Fish Different Methods – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
What do you do with baby fish you don’t want?
If you don’t want to keep the babies, try and get a second hand 10g tank with a filter and set up a fry tank. When the fry are big enough, you can maybe donate to the LFS or “To a good home” ad out. That’s what I do with my babies. I cannot keep the fish from breeding, so I raise em and give them away for free.
Will Petco take unwanted pets?
Petco does not sell cats or dogs. Either way, Petco’s policy is not to turn away an animal it has adopted or sold out. If you cannot keep your rabbit for example, Petco will take the animal back and try to rehome it.
Can I release my fish into a lake?
– Never release an aquarium or pond fish or plant into a lake, river, stream, puddle or ditch water. – Don’t purchase a fish that will eventually grow too large for your pond or aquarium.
Can you return a fish?
Freshwater fish purchased in-store can be returned with a receipt within 30 days for a full refund to original form of tender. Returns or refunds cannot be offered on Live Fish & Invertebrates that you decide you do not want. No refund can be offered if contact is not made within these time frames.
How much is a goldfish?
Total Average Price for a Basic Goldfish & Setup
For setting up and maintaining a goldfish home using the method below with all the food and water stuff brings us to an average cost of $70.06. (More if you want store-bought decor.) Again, this is an average.
Can you return a pet?
In most instances no, it’s not. Unless you’re returning the pet for unprovoked aggression or an untreatable illness, they are probably going to find a new home where they fit right in. Even knowing that they’ll be adopted again, you’re still going to feel crummy. That’s normal.